Re: 1/4 mile results

Congratulations Jason for the killer 1/4 time!  14.2
is epic!  (btw you have 7/10s to go before you beat
Johnny's (20v) best time(13.5)

I think I get what Jason is saying here.  Because of
the heat and the altitude the air was less dense,
thereby changing the fuel mixture.  When the full
throttle switch kicked on and the engine went into
open loop the mixture was just too rich.  Unplugging
it leaned it out a bit and allowed the o2 senser to
adjust to maintain a balance.  I would have been
curious to see if adjusting the fuel mixture (with the
3 mm allen) would have had any affect on it.  If you
readjust in the conditions you were running at the
full throttle switch may have been more useful.
I always set my cars up at night (partly because I
work in the day) and partly because thats when they
run the best.  And my car really hated hot humid days.
 I'd be willing to bet that I can loose almost a
second 0-60 between 9pm and High noon on a hot day.

14.2 Hmmm.. The 2.0 is on the way to the machine shop
now all I need is a MKI shell...

Tony