Crusin time again (non rocco)

Well, it's that time of year again in the Motor City.  Nostalgia has taken
over for the next week; the days of old.  I'm talking about classic cars and
the annual Dream Cruise up and down Woodward Ave.  The actual Cruise doesn't
happen until Saturday but the streets are filled with various hot rods/muscle
cars, onlookers, and packed parking lots.  Ahh, the sweet smell of burning
rubber from those rear wheel drive gas guzzlers.  Makes me dream of days when
Chevy's, Ford's and Chrysler's ruled the road (I, of course, don't remember
those days having been born in 1969).  This is a particular special time for
me.  I met my wife at the Dream Cruise 3 years ago, got engaged at the spot
where we met 2 years ago (me sitting in the back of a Lincoln convertible
with suicide doors holding a big sign), and we were married last year on the
day of the Cruise.  We even ended up on television after riding down Woodward
(not in a classic car, bummer) in our wedding attire.  This year, we'll be in
the thick of it with the rest of the 'spectators'; eating, drinking, and
throwing the occasional bucket of bleach on the road.  The 11 mile stretch of
the Cruise is pretty much a parking lot on the actual 'day'.  The local gas
stations make a killing and those with garages do even better.
Oh, the sweet thoughts of yesteryear; makes me kinda want to put down the roc
and go buy a GTO.  Nah, I'll just add that to my wish list....

Happy crusin,
Stewart