Re: help. bleeding master cylinder?

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 01:49:07 GMT "Wing Gee" <winggee@hotmail.com> writes:
> Ok. i just got a new master cylinder and got everything taken apart.
> now.  how do i bleed the master cylinder? Do i just top off the
resevoir
> with  fluid and push the piston a few times? hopefully i can get this
done
> before it gets dark. your help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Wing
No...
You hook up bench bleeding hoses where the steel lines go, stick the ends
of the BBH's into the reservoir, and start pushing the piston until there
is no air in the system.

If your M/cyl didn't come with a set of BBH's, you can buy them, or you
can use regular steel lines. I used some old steel lines, that I had
laying around when I did the M/cyl on my '83 GTI.

Btw, use the dust caps when you have it bled, and pull them out one at a
time as you thread on each steel line.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V