Re:FS:'81 MKI (ignition troubles)

Hey Alex and all,

sorry, but I'm not interested in the car (live in Canada).
But can I ask you a question. I just lost spark on my
81 as well. I may have fried the hall sender, but I can't
figure out if it's that or the ignition control unit. Coil and all
wiring is fine. Is there a fail-safe way to know. i.e. how did you guys
know you blew the hall sender and not the ICU? Are the bentley tests
for the icu valid even if your hall unit is kaput? Finally,
I wouldn't want to blow another hall sender (they're not that cheap),
so if you know of what fuckups caused you to blow them, then
any warning info would be much apreciated. THanks a lot folks,
Kareem
'81 S spark-free edition
'88 16v