Positive rant, new steering etc. (manual steering conversion details)

List,
	Got a significant amount of work done on my car this weekend. Converted
it to manual steering, and put on a nice TT 2" race downpipe :) The car
sounds mean and the seat of pants seal is definately noticable. For all
of you wanting manual steering in your mk2's, you will need the
universal joint out of a mk2 scirocco with manual steering. Eric(forgot
the last name) was saying that the steering column is too short, when
the manual rack's pinion is just lower than normal. I had to unbolt my
steering column and wiggle it around to get the universal joint on. It's
a PITA, but no more 8 degrees of steering play, and leaky power rack
(which IMHO I hate power on these cars...) Much better. Unfortunately I
could not get the drivers side clamp over the poly bushing, so for the
sake of time I put a shitty rubber one in. I have a feeling it will be a
big difference when I put the real bushing in since you can feel that
teeny bit of rack float. The car has been completely transformed, now I
just have to work on those silly rattles, vibrations, etc, and not to
mention get a real alignment. The car is much louder, and I have a
feeling I will probably end up with a ticket because of it, but oh well.
It's fun. Thanks,
				Gary Huff