Re: Positive rant, new steering etc. (manual steering conversion details)

 you will need the
> universal joint out of a mk2 scirocco with manual steering.
> Eric(forgot
> the last name) was saying that the steering column is too short,
> when
> the manual rack's pinion is just lower than normal.

That's me! (Eric Ellis) I sure wish I could have talked to you before you
completed the installation. I had posted a question to the list that
asked if anyone had a manual universal shaft that they could take a
measurement of. Oh well. (Alex?)

I didn't say that the column was too short exactly, I was explaining that
the entire assembly I had was too short. I have a manual rack and joint
from an '81 rabbit and THAT is indeed too short. SO I ASK AGAIN...WILL
SOMEONE MEASURE A MANUAL UNIVERSAL SHAFT AND LET ME IN ON THE DETAILS? I
really need to move this car. If the shaft is longer than the two I have,
I would be happy to purchase it from you. (of all the Scirocco's I can
find locally have power steering)

Thanks,
Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun.