Re: amps @ subs

Anthony Pelletier wrote:

 I heard from someone here that 5
> 1/4" fit in the doors?  I just want fuller sound up
> front.

On my old 16V I ran 5 and a quarter Polks in the doors. With about 100
watts spread to the two of them. I think they were each rated at 100
watts a piece so they sounded real good even at high volumes. All I did
was remove the door panels and custom fit a piece of plywood over the
existing speaker location. I needed to do this for depth reasons and to
make the deal look stock, which it did for the most part. Anyway, once
you have the plywood piece the proper size and its got the hole for the
speaker drilled out, attach it to the door panel with screws or
whatever. If you plan on carpeting the setup do that first, then secure
it to the door panel. Put panel back on. Put in speaker. BAM! I realize
it hard to explain in writing, but any crafty Rocco owner should be able
to figure it out. I did it in less than two hours. It looked pretty damn
good and sounded 200 percent better. I would take pictures but I sold
the car to a former list member (Rob Luhrs I believe). Other options are
like I did in my MK1. I just cut a huge hole in the panel below the
mirror adjuster and droped in an 8 inch round kick ass JBL two piece.
This car rocks!

Feenix
80 1.8