Re: amps @ subs

I have an american bass XL-10 in a 1 cu ft sealed box
and like it a lot.  I have it running off of 150watts
on 2ch of a 4ch cadence amp.  It sounds nice.  Plenty
of bass for my tastes.  The woofer was real cheap $60
if I recall correctly.  (I have a friend who has a
small stereo shop so it helps out).  Now those shitty
4 X 6's in my doors, now that is a different story.  I
have infinity reference 4 X 6 plates in the doors with
50 w rms(speakers are rated for 40 but it is clean
power) into them and they are just ok.  They are nice
at low volume but at high volume they just get too
harsh on the high end without enough midrange.  And
they were a bitch to fit.  Anyone have any door
solutions they like?  I heard from someone here that 5
1/4" fit in the doors?  I just want fuller sound up
front.  Right now I have the x-over @250 hz.
everything above goes to the door speakers everything
below goes to the sub.  I don't dare pump alot of
power @ any lower frequencys to a 4" speaker.
wow that was a whole lot longer than I thought.

Tony