Re: amps @ subs

Josh(MAD16v)Able wrote:

> ok two fast questions for you folks....
> what 10" sub would you buy in the $100-150 price range?
> what amp would you buy to power the sub, in a $125-180 price range?
>
> thanks, seems like whoever I talk to tells me to get something different
> than the last person I asked, damn pain in the ass.
> Iam the meaning of life
>
> (MAD)Josh
> 87 16v seidl

this all depends not on your budget but on what sound you are looking
for. The real pain in the ass is getting that sound inside your car.
I've run many different subs in my Roccos over the years. I've had cheap
and expensive. Polk in my opinion makes some kick ass speakers. Their
subs are totally unbreakable. But out of your price range. JL Audio is
the best bang for the buck. Or JBL, which I think sound better. These
should be in your budget. Buy the speakers in a box that is all set up
right. This is the key. After shoving all kinds of speakers into all
kinds of enclosures I learned its a real science. As far as amps go its
really tough to say. Lots of good amps out there. Two ten inchers in a
Rocco you could get away with one decent two or four channel amp or two
single channel amps. Buy the best you can afford. Don't go by what the
claimed wattage is. I had a Rockford Punch 100 watt amp hooked to two 12
inch Polks and it sounded better than it did with a 500 watt el cheapo
amp hooked up. HTH.

Feenix
80 1.8