Oil Pressure Issues?

Hi all,

	I may be having issues with my '86 16v.  Yesterday, I switched from 20w-50
Castrol semi-synth to 10w-40 Castrol synth.  Now, my oil pressure gauge is
running about .2 to .3 bar when fully warm (it's also running about 4
degrees warmer).  This was not an issue with the 20w-50 semi-synth.  I
checked the pressure at 2,000 rpm.  It should be about 2 bar according to
Bentley.  Mine was reading about 1.3 bar.  On a somewhat related note, ever
since I put in the pressure gauge (from a Jetta) with the two-pole sender,
the oil pressure seems to be reading low.  Here are the questions:

1. What sender should I be using for this gauge?  I bought a 150 psi sender
from Potterman, but the gauge reads up to 5 bar (1 bar = 14.7 psi).  Is this
the right sender or is there a 75 psi sender that I should be running?
2. I need to buy an oil pressure gauge to check the true pressure and
determine if it's the dash gauge that's wrong or if my pressure is truly
that low.  Bentley says to use the sender mount.  Are these types of
pressure gauges generic or is there a specific one I need to use for a VW?
Will a Napa/Schuck's/Pep Boys/etc. carry something like this?
3. Has anyone had similar experiences when switching to synth oil?

TIA.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II