Re: [mk2] engine noises (after water pump replacement)

--- foxxinabox@core.com wrote:
> i'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to.
> both my old and brand-spankin'-new water pump turn
> rather stiffly (can't just put your
> finger on it and spin it really fast). can't really
> see how lubricant could screw it up. it's supposed
> to be sealed to prevent the coolant from escaping.

I'm not talking about the actual water pump, I'm
talking about the dual pulley that attaches to it that
the V-bets wrap around, they spin independent of one
another and have bearings inside.

--- foxxinabox@core.com wrote:
> check your transmission.

Nope, it's present at idle, that's when it's the most
annoying. It didn't rear it's ugly head until after I
did the big pump swap.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V (Daily driver)
'64 Type 34 Karmann Ghia (Newest project)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 (The luxury mobile)