Battery relocation

Just one quick question (maybe two) as I know that this thread has
periodically been discussed at length.....

I'm mounting the battery on the passenger side in the trunk and I was
wondering if merely hooking up the ground wire to the bolt on the rear
bumper will suffice.  Need I wire up another wire to the engine bay?

Second question:  when bringing up the pos wire to the engine bay, I'm under
the assumption that I directly connect this pos wire to the starter as well
as the alt?  Correct me if I'm wrong......TIA

Sal
BTW, the motor is a 16V if that really matters.....

81 Scirocco S (16V to be - soon I hope)
81 Scirocco (motorless and directionless - not for long!)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)
84 Scirocco Wolfsburg (for sale?)
67 Peugeot 404 (finally on the road)