16V Swap Help

I surely hope that someone can shed some serious light on this subject......

I am in the process of attempting (attempting being the operative word) in
swapping a 16V into a Mk1 Rocco.  However, I am uncertain in wiring up the
new motor.  The existing wiring harness in the car is great and I want to
use the existing wiring harness.  Simply, I wanna tap into this wiring
system.

How difficult is it to wire up the 16V into the existing 8V wiring harness?
Does any form of literature exist in assisting me?  ie. the net.......

I believe that a coupla ppl have done this swap and much help is greatly
appreciated as I need to get this car put together ASAP before I move.

I've heard that the swap is easy to perform but how easy is it?  Is it like
splice a wire here and splice a lil' wire there?  I've already done a carb
to FI project but the wiring on that one was easy.  I have no clue as to
where I shall start on this one.  Any help?

TIA

Sal

81 Scirocco S (16V to be)
81 Scirocco (motorless and directionless)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)
84 Scirocco Wolfsburg