Re: [VWofT] 16V Swap Help

At 11:24 PM -0300 8/1/00, Sal Guzzo wrote:
>I surely hope that someone can shed some serious light on this subject......
>
>I am in the process of attempting (attempting being the operative word) in
>swapping a 16V into a Mk1 Rocco.  However, I am uncertain in wiring up the
>new motor.  The existing wiring harness in the car is great and I want to
>use the existing wiring harness.  Simply, I wanna tap into this wiring
>system.
>
>How difficult is it to wire up the 16V into the existing 8V wiring harness?
>Does any form of literature exist in assisting me?  ie. the net.......

Not very.

I just did this into an '81 Rabbit convertible -- those of you at WF
should have seen it.

It is 3 wires.  One powers the O2 box, one connects the knock sensor
box to the fuel pump relay, and one is the O2 sensor pre-heat.

If I didn't send you the info I have, LMK and I will forward it,
along with my own observations.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |