Re: repairing leather seats

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:57:50 GMT "Ewan Hopkins" <ewanhopkins@hotmail.com>
writes:
> Any of you guys out there tried repairing leather seats? Several
> parts of my driver seat leather are cracked/worn and I have some spare
leather > I could use to replace the worn parts.  I was thinking of
replacing complete
> damaged sections, so how easy is is to remove & replace the side
bolster
> panels ( bottom & seat back) and also some of the seat bottom panels?
Do I
> have to undo lots more stitching besides just that for each piece I
want to
> replace?

The bottom bolsters swap right out, you just separate the seat back from
the seat bottom, remove the bottom pad, and then you can swap the bottom
seqat bolsters.

When it comes to the seat back, you need to do some stitching...

I usually get another passenger seat back and use that on the driver's
side.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, 2 black leather passenger seats
'84 Scirocco 2.0L, 2 gray leather seats
'83 GTI, stock seats with a center pad made from the rear seat material
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts