Re: [exhaust] 8v vs 16v

I received my 2 Techtonics exhaust systems yesterday, an aluminized 2" 8v
system w/ a Dynomax and a stainless steel 2 1/4" 16v system w/ a Borla. The
SS system is SOOOOOO gorgeous!! The stainless steel system is one piece from
the cat to the muffler, the aluminized is 2 piece. The Dynomax looks totally
stupid next to the Borla, the build quality is incomparable!

Besides the tubing size there are a few differences i noticed between the
systems:
-The center pipe that meets the downpipe is different, the 16v pipe is
straight, the 8v pipe is angled and points towards the driver's side.
I also have the 16v euro-downpipe which points straight towards the rear and
the 8v euro-downpipe that points towards the passenger side. So it seems
that the 16v and 8v cat-back systems are not interchangeable if using the
euro-downpipes, however when using a cat, the little 3 bolt adapter thing
takes care of the angle differences.

-The rear hanger is in a different place,  'cause the 16v muffler is twice
the length. I'm going to have to weld a new hanger mount to the body.

-The 16v tail-pipe is over half a foot longer, i guess this makes it clear
the rear skirt kit.

i'll take some pictures of both systems side by side if anyone is
interested.
i'll also take some pics of the euro-8v downpipe vs euro-16v downpipe vs the
new TT euro-16v downpipe w/ the huge 2" primaries.

is there such a thing as high heat clear coat paint? i want to polish the
whole stainless system, TT polished the tail-pipe and it looks amazing.

-nigel.