repairing leather seats

Any of you guys out there tried repairing leather seats? Several parts of my
driver seat leather are cracked/worn and I have some spare leather I could
use to replace the worn parts.  I was thinking of replacing complete damaged
sections, so how easy is is to remove & replace the side bolster panels (
bottom & seat back) and also some of the seat bottom panels? Do I have to
undo lots more stitching besides just that for each piece I want to replace?

TIA,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8