Re: Sunroof cables

--- Chris DeLong <green536@hotmail.com> wrote:

> will
> > > work but then again, I
> whole
> > > assembly, not just the
> > >
> > > I can quote you on that. An Audi sunroof from a
> 4k
> > > is that same as a
> > > Scirocco MKII. So is a Quantum.
> > >

> >So does  anyone know (Chris?) if that same sunroof
> fit
> >in a MKII Golf ('86 GTI)?
>
> AFAIK no it will not. The A2 Golf setup is different
> and is not a bolt in
> upgrade.
>
> I pulled the power motor
> >from a 4000 this weekend and was thinking that the
> >tilt and slide would be nice for the GTI,
>
> Now this will work. I have friends that have done
> this with no hitches
> except for wiring it in. That is pretty much cake
> though if you know that
> brown is ground etc....

Hey Chris, I just posted this answer (to my own
question) just a few minutes ago. But It does fit. I
replaced the whole assembly. It is ofcourse a lot more
complex and have never done a s-roof before I tooke my
time but it really only took like two hours. I pulled
the roof from the Audi as one peice by unbolting the
the cable ass. and then closing the roof and then the
whole thing will pull out. Is a process on oprning and
closing the roof a couple of times but works.

I put in it in in seperate pieces. If anyone out here
need help let me know. Kinda know the ins-and -outs
now.

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s