Re: [non-roc] A4 rocco/corrado pic

timbob wrote:

> http://www.volkswagen.org/a4/a4corrad.jpg
> anybody know what this is?. its labled as Corrado/Scirocco prototype..
> "This prototype made it's first public debut as the VW CJ concept vehicle."
> is this complete bullshit, or will vw be making a car like this?

I remember seeing that car at the NYC International Car Show about five years
ago. It *was* to be the replacement for the Corrado. More conventional styling,
greater amounts of room, and a softer ride were supposed to woo the
post-fahrvergnugen/pre-driver's wanted masses.

I think it looks sorta like an two-door A4 Jetta crossed with a BMW 318ti.
Ick...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut