Header or nice downpipe/dual outlet manifold

So....
    I'm going to be putting a new head and exhaust on Claudia (my '84
GTI, for those who don't know, which is hopefully most of you, unless
you obsessively remember old listmembers' cars' names). Her head has
issues - the exhaust studs are all broken off in the head and some
valves are sticking (lemme know if you have a good head for sale, or
I might rebuild this one). Anyway...
    I have an Autotech Tri-Y header, which I was planning on putting on
there when I got her back together, along with a poly front mount. But
I also recently got given a very nice looking downpipe that is also for
an A1 chassis vehicle. I have no idea who it's made by (I can post a pic
if people get curious), but it's large and dual and comes together at
the bottom into an integrated high-flow cat, which is nice since
I actually need a cat now, even in NH. I do have another cat to stick on
the back of the header, but the downpipe seems to have a much better
flexjoint in it than the header, and I've heard of headers cracking a
lot. I'd also need a dual outlet manifold if I were to do the dual
downpipe thing. So... this is my understanding: I'll get a tiny bit more
power out of the header, and much better durability out of the downpipe.
Yes?
    Also, I'll be selling whatever I don't use, of course.
    -Josiah