Re: ATF in my dipstick!

>And this "guy" is a mechanic?? What a dumbass. After you punch him in the
>eye, (give him a little time to regain his wits ) remind him that its a
>manual tranny and its NOT a Honda.
>I bet he's fully ASE certified too.

Yup, fully ASE certified.  I wanted an opinion from a REAL car nut, not some
rice-mechanic.  He's never heard of Redline.  There's only one mechanic in
our shop who is allowed to touch my car (he worked for a VW dealer for
years) and this guy who told me about the ATF ain't it. :)

He claims to be doing this in his Acura Legend 5 speed with great results,
but my 'rocco is NOT an Acura. It is something more precious to me which he
would never in a kazillion bajillion years understand.

Marie

PS. I was once dumped by a guy who claimed I loved my car more than him.
Imagine that!