Re: ATF in my dipstick!

> >Quick question.
> >
> >A guy at our shop suggested to me that instead of putting transmission
> >oil in my tranny just use ATF instead... anyone hear of this or ever
> >done it before?  It's news to me...
> >
> >Marie
>

>And this "guy" is a mechanic?? What a dumbass. After you punch him in the
>eye, (give him a little time to regain his wits ) remind him that its a
>manual tranny and its NOT a Honda.

I gotta agree with Shawn here. ATF does NOT go in German transmissions. Nor
does it go in Honda tranmissions (30W don't ask me how I know :). I just
recently drained ATF out of a customers '88 Gli 16V it was making a terrible
noise from the tranny. But, alas it was too late. Damage was done :(

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag (Scirocco of course)