RE: engine dies around corners

I know on the 16V there is a intank transfer pump and its out is connected to the hosing for the main pump by a 3 inch piece of rubber hose. This eventually goes bad and causes the car to stall out at higher fuel levels, around corners and going up hills. It is a 2 minute fix, and you can check it by removing you back seat cushion and removing your the cover plate to your fuel tank. HTH
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Casey Webster
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2000 9:56 PM
To: scirocco list; VWofT
Subject: engine dies around corners

Okay, this is starting to piss me off.....everytime I make a quick left turn when I have under 1/4 tank of gas, my engine will sputter and die (or come very close to that)......obviously the motor is starving for gas when it does this.

I guess it has something to do with the fuel pick up hose.  I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this....like should I open up the tank and redirect the hose?  or do I just not let the tank get that low?

Casey
84 Roc