RE: New Scirocco Owner -- Some advice if you please

1)  The engine has a tapping valve that subsides after about 15 minutes of
driving,  problem is I only work 'bout a mile from my job so the engine
never really warms up to that temp.  How nessary is it to correct that
problem?

Slight lifter or valve ticking is somewhat normal when the motor is cold,
the only way to get rid of this is by running a
heavier weight oil or haviing the valves adjusted themselves....im not sure
on the 8Vs though so dont quote me.

2)  The transmission seems to have a mild grind into second gear, more of a
"feel" than a sound, when cold.  The tranny is also very slow to downshift
into first.  The car almost has to be stopped for it to accept first gear.
I seem to remember this being normal for VW trannys but not sure.  Is this a
snycro problem?  Low level of tranny oil?  My tranny is on it's last legs?
:(

This is a VW tranny thing. First seems locked out until I get under
15-20mpg, even when running redline. The first to second
shift crunch has also been in every VW I owned till I swapped over to the
Redline. It was a night and day difference. I had
no ill effects from it.

3)  Under the driver seat running towrds the e-brake there is a cable with a
connector on it, but not connected.  I cannot locate it's mate.  Is this
connector for the seat belt, e-brake, tranny or other?

No clue.......