engine dies around corners

Okay, this is starting to piss me off.....everytime I make a quick left turn when I have under 1/4 tank of gas, my engine will sputter and die (or come very close to that)......obviously the motor is starving for gas when it does this.

I guess it has something to do with the fuel pick up hose.  I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this....like should I open up the tank and redirect the hose?  or do I just not let the tank get that low?

Casey
84 Roc