Re: Oil in My Airfilter

In a message dated 4/19/00 12:43:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
humpnyomom@home.com writes:

<<  The bottom of the airbox was clean, but the filter was soaked with oil.
What is causing this? >>

You put too much oil in the engine.  Thats what happened to me when my filter
got soaked with oil.  Turned out I had the wrong dipstick in the car so it
would read a quart low when it was really full. Now no matter what the dip
says I put 4 quarts of oil in only and I've never had the problem since. peace

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html