Re: Wheel bearing replacement/alignment

Alignment:  take a sharp chisel, and hammer.  clean area between strut and
knuckle.  Mark the knuckle with chisel marks along the edge of the strut.
This should allow you to get darn close to the way it was.

As far as replacing both bearings at once, I will refer you to my story
(starting 1 month ago):

I replaced my right bearing, it was really bad!  The machine shop that
pressed it for me said that the greese had really dried up. (122k and 16
years)
My car was fine and dandy for the next 500 miles, then, you guessed it! the
left wheel bearing started making an awful racket... So it goes, they both
got replaced.

So, it comes down to this:  spit the job up into left & right sides, or save
a trip to the machine shop (and parts store) and do both at the same time.

Another note:  my local German car shop quoted me at $180 for one side! I did
both for less that $95

Hope this helps
Ben
84 8v