Re: Waterfest(about the WHITE)

Hey all,
   Well, I will now show my ignorance..which I don't do very often (although
many will disagree).  Before this beautiful piece of machinery that I now
drive, I owned a RED pickup...The only advantage that I have found is that
RED is easier to wax.  I use the Meguire's 3 step plan (Wash car, clean
paint, polish paint, wax), granted it took me a little over 8 hours to do my
truck, but you were able to do your make-up in the paint.  I finally got a
day with decent weather, so I decided to take upon the task on my WHITE
Scirocco.  Well, shortly there after, I discovered what a PIA it is to do
this on white paint...you can bearly tell where you have done already (The
red on my truck oxidized quickly, so every 3 months or so, you could tell
where you already did).  The only way I can kinda tell is by looking at an
angle to the body panel.  What do you all do ?  I think I may pull it into a
garage and get some fluorescent lighting on it...it may make it easier, I
dunno....Any comments (other than the "..That is why your car should be
RED..."  speech) are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
   Steve

PS - I talked to a Psychology Student today, and she said that I could be
diagnosed with major mental problems due to the fact that I drove 1/2 way
across the country to buy a car, then spend 1/2 a day waxing it....Anyone
else wanna share the padded cell with me ?