Re: Spazzy Idle - The End of the Saga

> I'm sorry, but is this on an 8v? If so, then it sounds like your
Auxilary
> Air Regulator (?) is not working. Either it's always closed and thus
not
> giving air during cold starts, or it's always open, and the idle was
> adjusted to compensate. That would explain why you can't get it below
1200
> RPM.
>
> You should check all those hoses too.
>
> HTH
>
> Jonas
> 85 Scirocco 2.0

Yep, it's an 8V, 1.6, painfully stock, and still fun!  Could the Aux Air
Regulator be sticking?  Sunday AM it idled rough when cold, but this
morning it ran just fine (and it was warmer on Sunday.)  Well, just one
more thing to check.  And the hoses,... I'm gonna need to buy a reel of
vacuum line before I get done.  The old diesel caddy is so much simpler!
(Yeah, ok,... and slower!)
-kevin in Texas