Re: Rabbit Chase (non roc)

Bahaha!! I thought I was the only one who chuckled at that one!

Yeah, it looks like the Wabbit got totalled at the end, cause if you
watched in the background after the guy jumped out, the car hit a tree at
what looks like 20mph-- which should be enough to kill it completely.

The part where the cop lost it was hilarious-- you see the Rabbit take a
90' right without any body roll, and the cop just locks his wheels (what
kind of cop car doesn't have ABS?) and plows straight ahead into someone's
yard, knocking over a little statuette.  Was really funny.

Did any of you guys see the one where the cops were chasing an A2 Jetta 16V
on the highway in California?  That was amazing, cause they couldn't keep
up with him-- the narrator kept paying the car compliments-- At 120mph, you
saw the cops all over the road, and the Jetta was poised and controlled.

And then the Jetta did a quick U-turn and the cops just went straight-- not
a chance they were going to be able to stop and turn that fast...

It was funny.  Until the doofus jumped out of the car (what is it with VW
owners and jumping?) and got caught.

Jason

At 09:00 PM 4/7/2000 , DNK006@aol.com wrote:
>Just saw a VW Rabbit chase on Fox's police chase show.  The narrator used
>words like "outstanding handling" and "quickley accelerated away" to describe
>the VW.  At one point the Cop lost it in curve the VW took with ease!  Damn I
>love these cars...  It is just a shame that the loyal VW got trashed.
>
>--

1987 Scirocco 16v
1989 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro

http://members.aol.com/rocco16v