Re: Flashing water temp light

To answer your question on how hot the 16Vs normally run:

In normal weather (winter and up to about 75'F), mine runs about 108'C and
at the top of the light on the water guage.  In hot weather, the water is
the same temp, but the oil can creep up to 115'C.  My oil temp guage reads
higher the more electrical accessories I have on -- so with the A/C on, fan
on "4", Radio/Amps/etc and high-beams, it reads 120'C, but as soon as I
turn it off, it drops immediately to normal levels--  probably a bad ground
somewhere...

Jason

At 10:25 AM 4/8/2000 , Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/7/00 10:46:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>scirocco16v_1986@yahoo.com writes:
>
><< I had no reoccurrence of the light episode on my
>  return trip from work, the water temp hovered around
>  2/3, and the Oil temp was the same as the morning.
>
>  Any hints/tips? >>
>

>Is there coolant  in the coolant container,  Did the car overheat at all?
>If not don't worry too much, my car does this exact same thing about twice a
>year.  It has to do with the sensor in the coolant tank getting crudded up.
>If you have time one day pull it out and clean it off.  I haven't done it yet
>because with my luck I'll probably end up breaking something. Peace
>
>Brian 86 16v
>http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html
>
>--

1987 Scirocco 16v