Re: Flashing water temp light

In a message dated 4/7/00 10:46:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco16v_1986@yahoo.com writes:

<< I had no reoccurrence of the light episode on my
 return trip from work, the water temp hovered around
 2/3, and the Oil temp was the same as the morning.

 Any hints/tips? >>

Is there coolant  in the coolant container,  Did the car overheat at all?
If not don't worry too much, my car does this exact same thing about twice a
year.  It has to do with the sensor in the coolant tank getting crudded up.
If you have time one day pull it out and clean it off.  I haven't done it yet
because with my luck I'll probably end up breaking something. Peace

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html