Re: A question on fuel grades or octane

My experience has been a smoother running engine, better performance and
better mileage with higher octane.  In the 14 years since I've had my car
I've only used premium or better and it's been running great with no engine
work except the seals and gaskets in the 14 years.

I used to put Cam II in (102 octane).  1/3 cam ii, 2/3 premium.  Boy did my
car like that.

- Jan Folkson

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T