Rebuilding 16V - tech

Well, my plans are underway to rebuild a 2.0l 16V (from a Passat with 140 000km) to slap in my 81 rocco. The block was a freebie and I'm hoping that it's in good order.

However, I've already come across a coupla stumbling blocks (as minor as they may appear).

Question 1: I'm rebuilding the water pump and I realized that I need single pulleys. Which ones must I get inorder to do this swap. Will pulleys from a 8V work? If so, which ones?

Question 2: I'm ditching the a/c and its heavy bracket. I understand that I need to replace the old heavy alt bracket with a non a/c bracket. Once again, do I merely use a 8V bracket? Otherwise.....?

Question 3:  The block my friend gave me has two knock sensors. I understand that the Passats came with two knock sensors. Are the knock sensors from a 16V scirocco the same, with the same connections? I'll be using the CIS-E system from a 16V Scirocco if that info is of any use.

Question 4: Ditching the a/c on a 16V requires anything other than what I asked above?

These are the first of a long string of quesions. I will have more as time progresses. Thanks for the patience!

TIA

Sal

81 Scirocco S (16V to be)
81 Scirocco (motorless and directionless)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)
84 Scirocco Wolfsburg