Re: Springs, CIS-E, Cams, and fun 16v stuff! (opinions needed)

>List,
>	I have everything to put on my car suspension wise, except springs.
>They will be Koni Yellow's, with all brand new OEM rubber components, (bump
>stops, strut bearings, etc....) and I need opinions on springs. I have a cd
>player in my scirocco so it can not be too harsh :) I was thinking H&R
>Sports. I can get a set for $230. Is that a good price? Any other opinions?
>I want it to be stiff, but not neck breaking like my 8v car with koni's,
>neuspeed race springs, poly strut bearings, and poly strut caps.

I don't know what the sports are...the progressive rate lowering springs
are less then $200 most places.  Are you actually talking about Neuspeed
springs?  If so, they're no longer made by H&R, Eibach now I think.

>	CIS-E sucks ass. I am getting constant 20.1ma readings of my
>Differential pressure regulator, and with the 02 sensor disconnected I am
>getting constant 10.1ma readings. Bentley says it should be constantly
>fluctuating between 1ma and 10.1ma. I am thinking its the O2 sensor. What
>else could it be? I am lost, and need help with this.

CIS-E is quite effective when maintained properly IMHO. :)  As I suggested
once already, you should replace your O2 sensor and be done with it.  You
probably need one from the sounds of it.  Call Mike or Mark and ask for
the universal Bosch unit, then clip, solder, heat shrink and wrap
it up.  I've done two this way, works great.

>	This may be part of the CIS-E problem, but I get a backfire at high
>rpm's, and I think it may be caused by the CIS-E issues. Any help here? I am
>lost again. As always, criticism, info, opinions, lobotomies appreciated.

I think it could be...but there's no point at all trying to diagnose any
other problems until you fix the obvious stuff...like replacing your O2
sensor. :)

Let me know if you need some specific advice in this area, good luck!

==Brett