The mk1 rally sucks it down...

At 06:44 PM 9/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Where've *you* been, Mr. Wahl. I haven't seen a post from you in a while,
>actually.

Well you (don't) know me, just doing my thing, whatever the hell that is..
I finished up the lovely and marvelous mk1 engine swap, dropped on a
lovely 1.8 solid lifter JH head with a 2.0L bottom end.

Well, I guess I didn't examine the body QUITE close enough.  I was jumping
the damn thing when I noticed the pasanger flooring had fallen out!!

OOPS!  So I'll try welding plate over it or something.   Fuck.  Hate to have
my co-driver notice that his feet were on the skid plate ^_^

But that was ok.  Then I proceeded to drive it around in today's mega-rain
storm that hit us.  I was OK, until I saw my snorkel pop off.  SHIT!
fucker started sucking it down, and BAM!  el-seizo!   Well it was hyro-locked.
So we hooked it up to the pickup and dragged it home.  Soon to be
dryed out.  (I hope)

Still working on this 16v action...

Or maybe its time for a less abused mk1 shell?

Or maybe chuck it all and do a golf?  or maybe (gulp) a honda civic?
I mean, damnit there are 10 zillion civics around here for a song,
and honda of america is just down the damn street (well 40 min. out)

^L

heh, just kidding ^_^

Ed