(no subject)

Coasting is against the law because, say you are coasting down a long hill
into say, Scranton Pennsylvania, and you go to use the brakes and they go to
the floor!  Bad situation, right?  Well probably not too bad in a Scirocco,
you might, depending what speed you have reached already be able to put the
car in gear and start to engine brake, and down shift until you are slow
enough to safely ditch or use the "emergency" brake (more appropriately the
parking brake) to come to a safe stop and empty out your briefs, but if you
are in a large vehicle, or have reached unreasonable speeds before realizing
your brakes are out, we'll all see you in the obituaries.
For those of you who may argue with me on this point, you may reference the
Harry Chapin (who died in a VW rabbit on the Long Island expressway) song,
and I believe the title is "40,000 pounds of mashed bananas" based one a true
story of such and incident!

Sorry to banter on seemingly pointlessly, but it has been a long week.
Josh Lukasik
88 16v 2.0
lube oil and filter king
Harry Chapin fan