Re: 16V Scirocco (tranny blow up)

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:18:22 -0400 "Snow, Jason" <SnowJ@aetna.com>
writes:

>1.) I have a someone following me into a curve, let's say I don't know,
>YOU...your right on my ass, I hit the brake, because I am going faster
than
>I should, now your even closer, and let's say, my brakes lock...DOH! now
we
>are both floating around with harps...OR I downshift, let the car hold
>itself back, and now at the end of the curve, I am stabbing the gas, AND
>am in a lower gear, if you use your brake, you are wondering why I am 3
or
>four car lengths ahead of you.
>
>2.) Downshifting into a curve is better than braking.

1.) I see the turn comming up and brake before you because I KNOW the
limits of my car and exactly what my brakes can do. I would have to say
that your braking WAY too late OR just using the engine to decelerate the
car which is not the best way thru a (any) corner. Next I drop down low
and pass your ass and now your wishing you hadnt wasted so much time
coasting the cars speed down with the engine.

2.) Downshifting in combination with the braking into a curve is better
than just downshifting. Brakes first, then downshift and if your really
good, heel toe the action for better results. Otherwise your just
coasting.
IMHO, naturally.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and