Re: The mk1 rally sucks it down...

Ed Wahl wrote:

> Well, I guess I didn't examine the body QUITE close enough.  I was jumping
> the damn thing when I noticed the pasanger flooring had fallen out!!

Jumping it? Where? Your car has been rallied already? Well give us some real war
stories, man!

> Hate to have my co-driver notice that his feet were on the skid plate ^_^

Eh... just call it a Fred Flintstone special. Your navvy will love it!

> But that was ok.  Then I proceeded to drive it around in today's mega-rain
> storm that hit us.  I was OK, until I saw my snorkel pop off.  SHIT!
> fucker started sucking it down, and BAM!  el-seizo!   Well it was hyro-locked.

Oops. Where is/was your snorkel located? I have mine coming out of the airbox and
through the metal "separater thing" up behind the engine.. eh, you know where the
wiper motor is! What the hell is that thing called?

> Or maybe its time for a less abused mk1 shell?

Screw the A1 chassis for rallying. Go A2. I love my A1s for the street, but more
suspension travel and less nervous handling are musts on the stages. Well, that's
my HO, anyway...

> Or maybe chuck it all and do a golf?

Hells yeah!

> or maybe (gulp) a honda civic?

Hells no!

> I mean, damnit there are 10 zillion civics around here for a song,

Gutless wonders they are, Ed. Where's the torque? Yeah, a Civic with a 2.2l
Prelude V-TEC motor in it would kick serious ass. -but so would a 2.1l 16v VW
motor with all the typical mods. Should we slap you now or later, damnit?

> heh, just kidding ^_^

Oh... Okay, you were about to catch a beat down... :^) Man, that coulda been
ugly...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut