Fw: cam, exhaust for 2L 16v block w/ 1.8 head

For What It's Worth,  I had my intake cam ground to Euro specs (similar to
G-grind in 8V motors) and the place I had it done at (Delta Camshafts, Very
reputable in the NW) said I would/should see a 12-15% increase in hp over
stock.  Guess what I paid for this grind?  A mere $53.00.  Now before you go
slammin on ground cams,  hydraulic lifters will suck up the difference in
diameters and this cam will perform exactly like the Euro cam that Nuespeed
sells.  I forget the name of the guy I spoke to (it was a while back) but he
said that they get a lot of people with 16v VW come in and have their intake
cams ground and it adds quite a bit to the 16v motor.  He also said the same
thing I've heard from others about the exhaust cam and that is that it has
quite the lift and duration already.  Unless you are planning on racing the
car, the Euro cam with stock exhaust cam should be sufficient.  Also no lose
of idle.  Let me hear back if I am wrong on this, but my common sense tells
me I am pretty close.

Dave