Fw: AC Removal

I believe when I took the A/C off the 16v motor that went into my Rabbit, I used a MK1 Alternator pulley since it was so deep.  It reached out far enough to just put one belt on to the alt, crank, and w/p.  I'd like to steal the pulleys off of one of the newer VW with the ribbed or serp. belt setup with a tensioner!

Dave

P.S.  I also took the P/S off too though.  I don't know if that alt. pulley will work if you still have the P/S hooked up on yours.  If so, with the MK1 pulley, you can keep the alt you have and just torch off the bottom part of the bracket that was for the A/C compressor.
HTH!