Re: Block heaters?

before i start id like to apologize for starting the 89 conquest TSi
thread which was very helpful to me but went on and on much longer than
it should have.  sorry for the lack of rocco content in that... kevin
will probably be happy to know i turned down the offer :)

onto the block heater reply.. when i bought my scirocco (used) i noticed
a plug sticking out of the hood.  i asked and was told about the fact
that my scirocco is VERY tempermental about starting in the winter.  i
bought it last april and even then, on days when the temperature got a
little below thirty, i had to plug it in or it just WOULDNT start.
anybody know what my cars problem could be?

i asked the seller about it, and he said when the car started the whole
"wouldnt start if its freezing out" thing, our local VW mechanic just
threw up his arms and put some sort of heater in there.  its not a big
problem for me.. i want my rocco to be a summer car (new yorkers on the
list know how long a rocco will last if driven in the winter).  but i
would like to solve this problem

if anybody can tell me where to look for the block heater i can get some
info about it for you guys who are looking into one.. and if anybody can
tell me possibly why my car is such a bastard when its cold out i would
also like that :)