SV: Pictures of newly installed 16V turbo system.

Hello

<Bradley,  by looking at the photos, it seems that you could fit a manifold with <the throttle body on the other side and drastically reduce turbo lag, by <decreasing the distance the air has to flow to reach the intake.  Does this make <sense?

Not in real world. Turbo lag has almost nothing to do with the length or volume of intercooler and tubing, it has 95% to do with the turbo charger dimension. But the turbo lag of old 80's Saab and Volvo turbos are light years away from the respons you get from the newer style of turbos in use now.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,6l RSi -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

<Jim
<Bradley Peet wrote:
< As promised, pictures of the turbo system in my 2.0 liter 16V Scirocco are <up at:http://dns.effervescent.com/vw/pics/turbo/(server IP is 24.5.122.61 if <you have problems, or try "www" instead of "dns")The directory allows file <browsing.  The "_sm" files are the thumbnails, which I reduced to 25% of the <original size (1152x864 pixel) in terms of height/width.Enjoy!Bradley'86 S16V <<2.0 "T"