Re: 16v kit , tach questions

I just corrected a tach problem that sounds like what you are faced with.  After

watching my tach go irratic for awhile and even stop a couple of times....I
checked
the connections on the negative side of the coil...cleaned them....and the
problem
went away.  There is no "kit" for the 16v, but if you can get your hands on a
good
2.0L short block and a 1.8 head, I think your driving enjoyment will increase a
whole lot.

Dale Witt
86 2.0 16v Scirocco
82 2.1 16v Scirocco (Zender 400 w/NOS)