16v kit , tach questions

Hi,

I've got an '84 8v, that (needles to say) I love to drive.  I have heard
great things about the 16v kits and was wondering whether it was worth it or
not.  I'm not much of a mechanic so would it be to big of a job to do??

Also I heard something about a switch that controled the reverse lights??
Mine don't work right now, and I don't have a lot of time to work with the
electrical system.

One more thing...is it common for the tach to go bad??  When I bought the
car, it worked, but after that it became very intermitent and doesn't work
at all right now.  I've disassembled the entire guage cluster but to no
avail.  Do I need to replace the entire cluster??

Any comments or help would be great.

Thanks,

Will Loedy

'84 8v Wolfs