Re: Insurance claim problems. Advice needed!

** Reply to note from Elias Glavinas <eg1@cec.wustl.edu> Thu, 23 Sep 1999 01:43:52 -0500 (CDT)
> I insist that someone knowledgable takes a look at the engine bay to realize that the car is in unbelievable shape mechanically and
> should be treated as such. A guy does look at it and agrees that I am right. Promises me he will do his best so that I will get
> something in the 2000-2500 range. The way state farm works is that they enlist an "independent" company to appraise the car's
> value. Supposdeldy they look at identical cars sold around the area recently.

  This probably won't help this time around, but the current issue on Consumer Reports Online has some tips on how to find a good
insurance company. I am a subscriber, so I do not know if this is accessible to non-subscribers.

  http://www.consumerreports.org/Services/autoinsure.html

  Maybe their approach to selecting a company can give you some guideline and tips.

  Jean-Claude
  ICQ: 47403427

  84 8v, 251 000 + Km