Re: AVOS Coil-overs = Garbage

In a message dated 9/23/99 8:42:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ioverholt@hotmail.com writes:

> Isn't this the way shocks are supposed to work?  They are dampeners.  The
>  spring compresses and then tries to rebound, but the shock pulls against
>  that rebound.  I think you should have to pull the shaft out.

    Not all shocks work that way but shocks like the ones in the AVO's and
shocks like Konis are just dampeners with not charged rebound. Since you are
running such hard spring rates you have no reason to have a charged shock to
help you rebound. Your AVO's are fine. If you want you can rebuild them at a
minimal cost but they are fine. Thats the cool thing about the AVO's and such
shocks. They are rebuild able since they have no gas charge to make it to
hazardous to work on.

Later
~Danny~
88 16v