RE: Insurance claim problems. Advice needed!

I used to be with State Farm until I bought a house and saved all kinds of
money on homeowners' insurance through a different company, so I switched my
cars as well to get a discount.  Anyway, when I asked about carrying full
coverage on my Bug a couple years back, they told me if it was destroyed
they would give me money based on the selling price of other Bugs of similar
age *in this area*.  This was a big question for me because I know how
incredibly dirt-cheap Bugs are in California, etc., compared to the midwest.
They also told me that the cars they based the value on would be in similar
condition to mine.  Based on that, they don't have the option of just
looking through the classifieds to find the cheapest car they run across.  I
would definitely raise hell with your agent about it, since you're paying
him/her not only for insurance, but for service.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating
'87 Nissan truck - Soon to be for sale