Re: Progress and loads of questions (now cable shifter)

<Buncha stuff snipped.>

> It will never shift like a cable shift tranny, or a nice in floor 5 speed
> due to the linkage complexity, but you can make it shift decent :)

<Bunch more stuff snipped.>

Count yourself luck that it doesn't shift like a cable shift car.  The shift
feel in a tweaked rod-shifted Scirocco is hugely better than in my Corrado
SLC.  That is the one thing that really dsitracts from the driving experince
in my car.  Not only are the shift throws ludicrously long, it is still
notchier than hell and 2nd gear is still not hard to miss if you hurry a
shift too much.
I could help it out by replacing the shift box with one from Neuspeed or AWE
Tuning, but those (especially the Neuspeed) are MUCH more expensive than any
short shift kit for the rod-shift cars.

Aaron
'93 Corrado SLC