Re: (non-rocc) (but rabbit...) wheels and other questions

WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:

> is there a rabbit mailing list like this one?

Nope -but considering that the Rabbits and Sciroccos are essentially the same
thing, why would you look a substitute? I daily drive and rally a GTI!

> i have seen all kinds of pics of GTI's with 16's and 17's and they look
> tits, but doesnt that present a rubbing problem?

I've got 14x7" rims and *they* even rub a little bit. That only happens at full
lean. However, thats a lot of the time! :^) I wouldn't put those boat anchors on
your car, anyway. I say go for 15" at the maximum. Form follows function; ain't
that the German way?

> also, this pertains to roccos too, what is the best, CHEAP susp. i can get.
> struts, shocks and springs. BOGE? anybody? tia

The cheapest and best shocks/struts  that you'll find will probably be the set
of used Koni internally adjustables that I'll have available in a couple of
weeks. Methinks that they'll go for about $200 or so.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut